Monday, January 23, 2012

Pune Roads - Not only about vehicles and pedestrians!!!

The old Pune - Mumbai High way is a candy for daily travellers in Pune. Especially for those travelling from PCMC (Pimpri Chinchwad Municipality Corporation) area to Pune City or Ahmednagar. As it offers high speed, less traffic and a better broad road to travel!!! Hence people just love travelling  via this route, and so do I !!!! As always - like any other  regular office goer, without any exception, I am also in hurry most of the times whilst passing the traffic signals!!!

Aah, well, a couple of days ago, I was in the same hurry mode, travelling by the Old Pune Mumbai high way -- and The popular Kirkee road. Unlike other days, There was a slow moving traffic and more frequency of cars!!!

Full throttle, ride, throttle, ride, I was riding on the left most side of the road, almost on the pedestal. I had to keep to utmost left as riding in middle of the road, I almost banged a tempo traveller because of my high speed!!! Somehow, struggling with throttle, I reached the Kirkee church road. Whoaa!!!! its only cars, and cars, and big buses at the front. I was not able to see anything but multiple colored car roofs!!! Some eager faces, some irritable, and of course children playing games in instruments at the back seat of the cars!!!
I pulled my bike rather to the shoulder of the road (
A hard shoulder, or simply shoulder, is a reserved area by the verge of a road or motorway. Generally it is kept clear of motor vehicle traffic. courtesy: wikepedia). Riding there, I could some how finally reach the front, utmost front - right in front of the bus that was stopping every one behind from the excellent view that I was able to see now!!!  With all innocent faces, there were couple of shepherds with their herd of sheep- walking very nicely off the road, moving towards the forest area. I had to admit, all the people around, had the same smiling innocent faces enjoying the herd :) office goers, auto rickshaw drivers, every body taken aback in "child hood revisited " as the herd was slowly disappearing.

The Innocent sheep Herd!!!!
Some inquisitive sheeps came near my bike and tried to understand what exactly I have been trying to do, why we all are standing on their way!!!! All of us enjoying this inquisitiveness, some even offered bananas, grams, leafs. The sheeps didn't seem willing to have though!!! I suddenly realized, how free they are, still so bonded, and all of them moving the same way with the Shepherd because their direction or goal or target is the same, they know where the food is, and they believe the Shepherd would take through the right path.
We the most rational animals - human beings, often forget this simple fact, when we all have the same goal and direction, life turn to complication level as low as zero. Thanks to that slow but beautiful morning - revisited my childhood learning again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment